Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 9, Day 1

DH has had the week off and we've just been going, going, going! It's been so hard! I've felt like I'm going on half an engine every single day.

Today, I got up and did a few things and 3 hours later, I was back in bed for a 2 hour nap.

Later, DH mentioned to me that he'd been out in the yard and noticed the garden has virtually gone to seed. I had planted so many wonderful things and now there's more weeds than anything else. And he said that he hadn't realized until that moment, how sick I've been and that he really is needed around here.

He also said that my last pregnancy, he doesn't remember being needed to pick up any slack and I'm glad he said that because I really thought that was the case too but of course my memory's shot. I also had been thinking that perhaps I really am a total and complete wimp.

You know what's been getting me though? The heat! I feel like I'm always at least 5 degrees hotter than everyone else. That's part of the reason why I haven't been outside to do yardwork. We went to the zoo the other day and I thought I seriously was dying of a heatstroke. It was awful. What is with me?

It seems like every single bodily need I have is of the utmost urgency - that if it isn't pacified immediately, I will die. Thirst, hunger, sleep, heat, smells - I'm absolutely sick of being like this. I feel so needy.

I also feel really guilty. I'm so grateful for my awesome husband who is doing his best to help me by cooking, cleaning, caring for SP and indulging my needs and whims (all of the time). Bless him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl. It will pass. Kudo's to your DH for helping out. A blessing indeed. It is nice that he recognizes the need without having to be asked. It is easier that way...on you. I hate having to ask it just magnifies the feeling you're already having of feeling "needy".