Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week Six, Day 2

I guess my talk of morning sickness yesterday jinxed me in a big way.

This morning I woke up and was so sick. I could feel it coming on in the weeeee hours of the morning. I actually thought, "how bad could it be?"

Well, I gagged on my toothpaste and emptied my stomach in the shower (TMI? - sorry).

The rest of the day was as if my stomach was either tied up in knots or ready to purge itself again. ALL DAY long.

And while I didn't eat hardly anything today, and I thought if this goes on for too long I might actually not gain much weight this first trimester, I decided that just wouldn't be worth it. I can't imagine going to work feeling like this. I just feel green. Good thing it was Saturday and DH's is feeling empathetic.

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Oh, so sorry! We have homeopathics for morning sickness. For some they work really well, for others not so much. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Well- having been sick as a dog for all three pregnancies let me give you some advice- never have an empty stomach. Make sure you are always sipping on a COLD drink, like gatorade. Each the BRAT diet-banana, rice, applesauce and toast. Things that are mild- and not too much. If your stomach is empty the hormones make you feel even sicker. You need protein too.