Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Week 5, Day 5

I took one more test this morning just in case the other two had malfunctioned. Not like my body wasn't telling me the truth anyway but this time, those two little lines popped up loud & clear in about 5 seconds flat.

I guess it's for real!

When I was pregnant with SP, I signed up at Baby Center for weekly emails about how your pregnancy is coming along. It has pictures of what the baby is looking like as it develops and what exactly is developing during that week. Then, after the baby comes, it continues to send you frequent emails as the baby grows. I still get them for SP. She just loves to see those emails so she can see what it's looking like. And I like to include her on how it's going.

By now, DH's and my family all know. We told them so they didn't hear it from my blog or through the grapevine. I wonder if they thought I would have another? For that matter, I was really beginning to wonder too!

But, I have to say - after I had SP in May, I decided that was no time to have a baby because of just how worried you are to have them in the sun and elements. I suppose that there are worries at any time of the year but I thought that February had a nice ring. Mainly so that by the summer, the baby would be big enough, and hopefully resilient enough to be able to handle some outside weather more easily. And...just like with SP (whom I got pregnant the exact month I wanted to - for an exact delivery time), again, I got my wish...a February birth. Mom says I'm charmed. Who knows. Course, if I was - wouldn't I have gotten pregnant 2 years ago like we'd hoped?

I'm just lucky to have this one now. Please pray all goes well!!

4 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Will definately send some prayers your way. Have a great trick for headaches if you're interested. It works a good percentage of the time and is completely safe for pregnancies.

Oh, WOW...I'm so excited for you. You have wanted this for a while.

josey said...

hello friend!! i'm so superdooper happy for you!! i am excited to follow along here in your baby blog...especially since i've yet to get pregnant, so now i can live vicariously thru you. hehe!! well, sort of!!

i hope your homeopathic remedies keep working well for you. of course, i think they are the best personally for almost everything! :)

take care of you, and dont stress too much about your weight and belly, girl! just do what you know your common sense says and enjoy the miracle!

(((superdooper--gentle--hugs!)))

Aislinn said...

heheheh - YEAH! I think this is wonderful! I couldn't help but smile as I was reading your blog! Then I thought back to a small conversation we had. Something along the lines of "you watch, I'll get pregnant while I'm training for this triathalon!" Well, what do ya know?! CONGRATS, do let me know if I can help in anyway - with ANYTHING!

Melanie Posell said...

Congrats Amy! I know you've been waiting for this for a long time. I'm hoping I have similar news to share soon. It is a pretty lousy waiting game.